Belplume vzw was founded on March 19, 2002 as a joint initiative of all members of the Belgian Broiler chain. The primary objective was to develop a quality system for broilers according to the principles of “integral chain control”.
A number of years after the broiler sector, the layer sector also took the step towards forming a uniform Belgian quality system. Since the end of 2009 the poultry-rearing and laying-hen companies and the breeding companies may also join Belplume.
Belplume vzw represents all representative professional organisations of the poultry sector, namely:
- National Professional Association of Breeders and Hatchers vzw (NBFB);
- Flemish Professional Association of Poultry and Rabbit Holders vzw (Pluimvee);
- National Association of Poultry Slaughter-houses vzw (NVP);
- Association of Belgian Industrial Poultry Slaughter-houses vzw (VIP);
- Professional Association of Manufacturers of Mixed feed vzw (BEMEFA);
- Interprofessional Association for Poultry, Eggs and Rabbits vzw (VEPEK);
- Farmer’s Union, sector department poultry and small live stock;
- Walloon Association for Agriculture (FWA);
- Association of Poultry Service companies vzw (Servi_pluim vzw);
- National Association of Egg Traders (NVE);
- General Farmers Syndicate (ABS);
- Flanders’ Agricultural Marketing Board vzw (VLAM).